Wednesday, March 17, 2010

TO GOD BE THE GLORY ... HE HAS DONE A MIGHTY GREAT THING!

The Lord continues to show me His amazing grace, mercy and blessings. I received some great news today and I am FILLED with thanksgiving unto our precious Lord and Savior. But first, I want to thank everyone of you for your continued prayers, love, encouragement and support. My family and I are so grateful for who you are and who you have been to us during this time of uncertainty and decision making. Here is a scripture of thanksgiving to you ...
"Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2.
And YOU have done just that ... for me and my family ... and I am so humbled and thankful. Thank you my dear sweet friends and loved ones.

NOW ... for the amazing news we learned today. The genetic mutations test came back NORMAL! I fell into a heap of joyful tears when I received this incredible news today. My tears of thanksgiving and joy came first and foremost that the Lord would choose this for me and for my precious Meredith, Megan and Makenzie. Their lives could have been so different if we weren't granted this good news today. Basically, the "normal" means I am NOT a carrier of the dreaded "cancer gene!" Thank you Jesus ... so very much. This also means my medical treatment might not be as drastic or radical. "Blessed be God ... the father of mercies, and the God of all comfort!" 2 Cor 1:3. The Lord is truly carrying me and my family and filling us with HIS comfort, joy and blessings.

We continue to pray for other tests that are yet to come in. Peacefully we wait on our appointment at MDA March 29th and 30th. If you're looking for something to pray about ... this would be a good idea! Think God might blow everyone away ... and the cancer is gone when I get there? Hmmmm ... if not ... I do know the Lord will be waiting for me holding the door open at MDA and carrying us thru those two days. That just made me smile really big! For it is written, "The LORD your God, who is going before you, will fight for you."

It's been an interesting blessing the past few weeks. I have always been so thankful for my life, my husband, my children, my family, friends and my precious God. But sitting back and reflecting on what possibly is to come ... makes my thanksgivings even greater, my relationship with Christ the absolute most important priority of all, my family even more wonderful and precious (didn't even think that could be possible), my loved ones and friendships even more cherished, my body a true temple- that needs to be well taken care of, and I could go on and on. I even enjoy the time consuming washing, drying and straightening of this curly blonde mop ... just incase I won't have this incredible enjoyment soon! Yikes!!

I stand amazed at HIS presence because I sincerely feel a peace that surpasses all understanding. More to come ... when HE grants us yet another blessing. I want all of you to know that I pray for you everyday ... giving thanks for you. Our journey and walk in this would be much different without your love. You all are the best ... and one of Gods greatest blessings.

Love YOU ... and ... what a gorgeous day was given to us today. Today is little Karens (my sweet little sister) birthday.
My little leprachaun turned 48 ... we celebrated her life today and it was perfect!
I Love You sweet Karen.

8 comments:

  1. Jill,
    Praise God!! He is so good!! I could not be happier with your recent test results. I can't imagine how relieved you are for yourself and your precious girls. Your faith walk is inspirational to watch. I feel honored that you are sharing your walk with us and I also am honored to be one of your many prayer warriors. I will continue praying for your upcoming appointments at MDA.
    Love the pic of you and Karen. She is so precious.
    Much love,
    Vicki F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill that is wonderful news. I just love your spirit. How exciting to know that God is fighting for you. I just LOVE that! I will keep praying that God carries you through those two days.
    I love the picture of Karen. Happy Birthday Karen! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you, Jill. It's funny, so many years ago I would watch you loving on your little girls looking forward to my day of having that kind of relationship with my own and now that I have my own little (and almost grown) one's...I know the incredible relief you felt as you were given this blessed news. Praying with so many for your next great news of finishing this journey with victory and perfect health!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you, Jill. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Jill,
    I'm so glad our paths crossed tonight. You are often on my mind and in my prayers.

    I will be out of town Sunday or I would come to your prayer time. I know it will be special and give you courage and peace as you walk through the doors of MD Anderson as a patient.

    Keep us updated so we know what to pray for and how you are doing.You have a church family standing ready to support and love you. Use Us!

    In His Love, Paula

    ReplyDelete