Saturday, March 27, 2010

MD Anderson Monday and Tuesday- Let's PRAY!

Hello sweet friends and loved ones! I write tonight with sadness in my heart for our dear friends Preston and Ann Onstead Hill and their entire family. This family has been an amazing example of grace, love and an unshakeable faith in Gods perfect plan in the midst of such sadness. Your entire family is covered in our loving, humble prayers. I love you all so much.

If you are not tired of praying for us (smile!) ... we actually meet with MD Anderson this Monday 3/29 and Tuesday 3/30 and should have a better idea of what's to come. “Oh Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me.” Psalm 30:2. With humbleness and gratitude I want to share just how amazing our church is ...

This Sunday afternoon 3/28, we are having a time of prayer at our church, First Colony Church of Christ. Several elders and their wives will be there praying over my precious family and me, along with several amazing friends, loved ones and so many incredible folks from FCCC. I rejoice and thank God for this gift of prayer- it is powerful!

"For where two or more are gathered in My Name, there I am in their midst." Matthew 18:20.
THAT MAKES ME CRY TEARS OF JOY AND EXCITEMENT! A powerful and beautiful gift to come together and cry out to God with bold confidence. Such comfort and peace come when you believe with a faith that can't be shaken ... no matter how He answers our many prayers.

Can I share some of the specific prayers the Elders will pray over ... and ask you to join us wherever you are? Satan is going to hate this day ... and I love that. "Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up." James 5:14,15

1. A huge thank you to the Lord for answering our prayers regarding the genetic testing. We are so thankful and give Him all the glory for the normal results and great news. Also, thank my family for loving, supporting and embracing me. And the incredible friends and loved ones who have already touched me and my family in ways we cannot even believe.
2. Pray for my family ... most of all! My prayer for myself and my family is this will be a spiritual journey, not a medical journey. I want the Lord to change us, grow us and make us stronger, better Christians. Re-shaping who we are in Christ Jesus. Asking the Lord to prepare the way before us and carry through every detail. Filling us with a peace and joy that completely comes from Him.
3. Pray for Richard as this will be a tough journey for him. Give him wisdom, strength, and understanding. Continue to bless him as the leader of our family and carry him thru every detail, growing his faith and complete trust in Jesus Christ.
4. Pray for our marriage. My prayer and hope is this draws us even closer. That the communication between us will be open, honest and real. We will join together before the Lord in every detail. Our love will grow bigger, better and stronger. That I will be a loving, good, caring wife during this physical battle.
5. Pray for the girls ... Meredith, Megan and Makenzie. Pray that the Lord will wrap them in his love and assurance. Teach them the amazing wonders of God amidst this trial. Pray they will cling to His word and see Jesus in every detail. Pray I will be able to be the loving, caring Mother I have been for 25 years during this time. Also, pray for Kevin, Jesse and Carson (Merediths husband, Megans husband and our granson).
6. Pray for wisdom and discernment ... that God will make every decision we will be faced with. That we (as a family) will hear Him completely and with absolute assurance.
7. Pray for the doctors, oncologist, surgeons, all the nurses and other patients at MDA. Pray I will be (and my family will be) a beacon of light for Jesus Christ as we spend the next year there. If one person can come to know the Lord as we travel this journey ... Hallelujah! This cancer walk will be worth it.
8. Medically, please pray the cancer has remained contained over the 2 month wait getting into MDA. Pray it has not moved into my lymph nodes. Pray the doctors overseeing my case will be wise and the Lord will determine the best course of treatment.
9. Prayer that we will accept the answers to all our prayers and with each answer we will glorify God and give him thanks.
10. Overall prayer for my health ... that I will stay strong, free from other illnesses, eat healthy and Lord willing ... completely heal me. Making me (and my family) better, spiritually, emotionally, physically and able to touch people and love people better than ever!

Thank you, thank you, thank you ... from the bottom of my heart! I can't express my gratitude to you, the elders of our church and our entire church family. How blessed we are!

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God; that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us- whatever we ask- we know that we have what we asked of him." 1 John 5:14,15 WOO HOO ... I love that!

Ann, Preston, Ashley and your entire family ... we love you with the love of the Lord. You will be in our prayers every moment, hour, day, for days to come, months to come and over the years.
We love you so much.

Blessings and a HUGE thank you for praying for my sweet family as this cancer journey begins next week. Thank You Lord we live in America where we can openly and boldly join together and publicly shout out our prayers and requests unto you.

In Him,
Jill

4 comments:

  1. praying for you and your family everyday miss jill! what a truly amazing women you are! your faith is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying all that you listed over you and your sweet family! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For you, new & sweet friend, I pray! I believe our meeting was not one of chance, but God introducing two of His daughters! You & I already know of His faithfulness in our lives & cancer doesn't change that!
    On my knees for you & keeping watch for what our mighty & loving Lord is going to do in your life!
    Blessings!
    -Sharon W ("Sweets" to my grandkids!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your prayer list is a written example of your complete trust and faith in Him. Every detail will be mentioned in my praying over you, especially this week. Praying for you right now!

    ReplyDelete