Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Be Confident In Your Prayers!! 1 John 5:14,15

The title of this blog says it all .... First John 5:14,15! "This is the confidence we have in approaching God; that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of Him."

And that my precious friends is ... GOD'S WILL, NOT OURS! Thank you Jesus for knowing exactly what is best for us ... down to the absolute last detail!

I was incredibly humbled to be at MD Anderson the past two days. What a place! ... the employees are amazing, my team of doctors were incredible, and the numerous patients lining the chairs was sad. I found myself quietly praying for each woman ... with a scarf or a wig, a blazen look in their eye ... but there was also a sparkle of joy amongst each one of them. God in their midst!!!

After weeks of prayer, the incredible time of prayer and anointing on Sunday, YOUR PRAYERS, EMAILS, MESSAGES, CARDS, CALLS (I could go on and on because YOU have been amazing) we entered the doors of MD Anderson. The first person I met eye to eye was the valet parker lady ... "Maria". Her first words to me when I stepped out of the car was ... "Hello ... (a big hug and smile) ... "God Bless You!" Her smile was contagious and sincere. Her hug was massive. She meant it ... she knew I was a new patient coming to MD Anderson. It made me well up in tears. Thank You Jesus... I knew you would be there holding the door open for Richard and me. You were there ... and carried us thru both days.

I will share the details of Gods intervention thru the people, the answered prayers later ... but we received good news today. I will have surgery April 19th. It will be manageable and a true answer to our prayers. Looks like a removal of the tumor (lumpectomy) and radiation. We are still awaiting some test results ... but if my lymph nodes are not affected ... that will most likely be the treatment. If they are ... I will have chemotherapy. This is a brief option for now ... we will know more in the coming days.

We have been given 3 treatment plans ... Richard and I are praying for the right treatment. This scripture comes to mind, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29: 11-13 ( Ohh ... how I love that scripture - it's all about bowing before the Lord Christ Almighty!!)

We are grateful and thankful to have these two days at MD Anderson behind us. They were good blessings ... and we are ready to seek treatment and move on with Gods plan for our lives. I've said it before but ... My hope and prayer is this cancer "thing" will be a spiritual journey, not a medical journey for me, my precious husband and my amazing daughters. Nothing would be greater.

I will update more details later ... but just know "I will not die but live, and will proclaim what the Lord has done!" Psalm:118:17

I Love You my precious friends,
Jill

PS ... Gaynor you are truly loved and your unselfish Christ centered deeds are amazing! xoxox

5 comments:

  1. Such AMAZING news!! You are such an inspiring woman to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your family Jill!

    Isn't MDA amazing?! Its a fabulous family you hope you never have to be a part of. Lol. But everyone there is amazing. Especially the patients you get to know in the waiting rooms! Your blog, scriptures, words, family, faith friends...every part of you is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will continue to pray for you and your speeding receovery. I could't feel any different about MDA! You do not even mind waiting to see your Dr's..such support, you can just feel God is sitting right there with you...I would love to know which Dr's you have..My surgery was a breeze..and the treatment was where I met some wonderful ladies!!! Love and prayers to you Jill, Richard and family...Mary Harris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill,
    Wonderful to hear that your experience was a positive one. I see God's work in every step of your spiritual journey.I just love the story about Maria.. Ave Maria(Latin)or Hail Mary,the mother of Jesus... This was a God Wink in my book! I have no doubt there will be many more to come. Love you, Donna

    ReplyDelete