Monday, September 13, 2010

Running the Race with Jesus ...

Monday, September 13, 2010
Running the Race with Jesus ...

Yep, running this marathon with Jesus as absolute leader and my amazing family cheering us on. There are no words to tell you how blessed I have been being surrounded by my incredibly loving family and friends. This journey has been filled with blessings because of Richard, Meredith, Megan, Jesse, Kevin, Makenzie, Carson, Slade and my amazing girlfriends (they are so fun). We are on the downhill side of the race ... coming into the finish line!!!!!!! Woo Hoo Jesus!

I finished 12 treatments last week and started the 1st of 4 new treatments today. When I got to MDA med center early this morning, I felt a bit anxious ... anticipating what these new drugs might do. I sat in my car before going in, prayed, sang a few praise and worship songs ... giving HIM all of this ... giving HIM deep heartfelt emotion of thanksgiving ... giving Him all my praise and all I am. When I walked thru the doors it felt surreal- almost blurry. I'm telling you, God was there in my presence. He literally carried me from one test to the next, carried me thru the door to meet with my oncologist. The entire time I was there I was floating thru ... with a serentity and peace and joy that was filled with the most quiet tender emotion. It was the sweetest feeling of being encapsulated in HIS safe, strong, loving arms ... the cancer world around me was not even visible to my eyes.

Thank you Lord for loving me so much, thank you for taking such good care of me and thank you for sharing today with me in such a real, hands on way. I trust in YOU Lord ... I trust in YOU.
I Love You.

First round of 4 is behind us. My oncologist prepared me for a rough week ahead ... but lets see what the GREAT PHYSICIAN has in store! Whatever my week ends up being ... I'm good with it. Knowing with every fiber of my being that the Lords will and plan is absolute perfection. If you take a moment this week to pray ... I would be so honored and thankful to be covered in your prayers. And please pray for my family, as they need strength and prayer also.

It is so interesting the multitude of emotions a human goes thru when you are faced with a trial like this. For me, the hardest part has been watching my sweet family having to walk this trial alongside of me. I cry alot when I think of them ... their selfless acts, their love for me, their unwavering faith if something doesn't go like we prayed for, their funny jokes and continual laughter, their gentle and genuine care for me. They have truly been the hands and feet of Jesus ... and I stand humbled and in awe at how blessed I am to call them "my family". Jesus has and continues to make us all better people thru this marathon, this race of life. I pray He never stops chipping away in making us more like Him.

I have learned one very amazing truth (I've learned a whole lot more than one amazing thing in this but for now here's a huge truth I've learned), "The Lord loves me so much, He allowed this in my life because he wants to make me better. He wants me to completely trust Him and listen to His plans for me. He wants me to be more like Him." Thats a big love to allow this cancer walk, and I am thankful to listen to Him, learn what He has for my life and prayerfully and humbly hear Him and come before His throne in obedience. I want to serve Him- whatever He is calling me to be or to do. Guess He decided, she's a hard headed one ... should I allow cancer and year journey or ... hit her over the head with a large falling boulder? Kinda glad I got Choice A!!!!!

My family's theme song is Jesus, Your My Healer ... we listen to it with such a trusting faith in Jesus ... for He is everything. Precious Meredith has it posted on her incredible blog today. If you have a minute, visit her post today (love that child so much) and click on this song at the bottom of todays post. Her blog is sweettfamily.blogspot.com.

Thankful for YOU. Thankful for my church family. Thankful for Ronnie's Sunday morning sermons, Thankful for my dad and my siblings, Thankful for my amazing girlfriends, Thankful for my son in laws, Thankful for my blessed grandbabies, Thankful for my undeserved, cherished, amazing daughters, Thankful for my sweet husband who sweetly and lovingly endures it all, but most of all I am Thankful for Jesus ... the Great Physician ... My Healer ... My everything.

Love you so very much,
Jill

17 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your testimony throughout this. You are such a strong woman. Thanks for your example. Praying for you daily!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you. praying for you every time you cross my mind...which is a LOT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Understand the regulations you have to take observe of, know the vacations, rewards and all the problems associated with becoming an company. On the pros, consider this as an inclusion to your information financial institution because you are willing to take a chance
    HealthCare CPA

    ReplyDelete
  4. government job circular is providing a jobnewsbd24.com web portal that has been providing services for a long time. We always try to bring you the latest Google all types circular provided these are- Private Jobs, Company Jobs, Government Jobs, Bank Jobs, Admit Card, Exam Date & results, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Assistir Online Big Brother Brasil 2022 Mais recente transmita Grátis online ou baixe, marque também este site para ficar por dentro dos vídeos diários do

    ReplyDelete
  6. It s a very useful page. Thank you. 27fabd4c204b7c2db5e0cc7fe7c11f77
    cihanbeyli
    darica
    bingol
    torul
    karabuk
    abana
    akhisar
    kelkit
    kocasinan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your article, it was very helpful and successful. 2a3cffdd2293cf3764e8304864348101
    website kurma
    website kurma
    numara onay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your explanation, very good content. f7860808071f964dbee769bcc2bed856
    define dedektörü

    ReplyDelete