I wanted to touch base as many of you have had trouble signing up/donating to the Race for the Cure team. I am providing some (hopefully) easy and detailed instructions to sign up or sponsor the team. Please feel free to email me or call with any questions. Thank you all so very much for your eagerness to be a part of this special day!
To sign up to race/donate...
1. Visit www.komen-houston.org --> from there you will select from the horizontal menu of pink tabs along the top of the site: you want to choose the tab that says Komen Race for the Cure.
2. Hover over this tab and you will see a drop down menu to select from.
Choose Register. Then choose Join a Team.
3. You will be redirected to a page that allows you to Join a team, create a team, etc. You want to scroll to the box that allows you to search for an existing team. In the box type “Jesus” as your search criteria and leave the Team Division unselected. Our team, Jesus, My Healer should be the only result you get— select the team by clicking on the pink team name.
4. From there you will see a roster of those already signed up. To join the team, you will click the pink Join Team text at the top of the list.
5. You will then choose from a list of Participation Options; most of you will fall under the Adult category. Make your selections and move to the next step.
6. As you complete the Registration Form you will be asked to select which event you are planning on joining— we are doing the Family Walk & Kids.From there you should be able to complete payment information and be signed up to participate!
***IF YOU ARE SIMPLY TRYING TO DONATE, NOT SIGN UP TO RACE— follow steps 1-3.
When you arrive at the team page with the roster, you will also see a “thermometer” that has the team’s fundraising status. Above that meter you can click to Donate to Jesus... My Healer. The steps to donate/sponsor are very simple from there.
Thank you all again for your generosity, your encouragement and your enthusiasm!
We are so blessed by each and every one of you.
A little update on my mom... She completed her 11th of 12 weekly chemotherapy treatments on Monday. She will have her last of the 12 on Tuesday of this coming week. On September 13th she begins a series of 4 intense rounds of chemotherapy, each 3 weeks apart. These are the final 4 treatments in her cancer walk, but are supposed to be the toughest. If you would continue to bless her with continued prayers for strength, comfort, healing and peace as she finishes this journey we would be so grateful. In so many ways this walk has been a blessing to my mom and in turn to our family. But, at the end of the day, it’s cancer and chemotherapy and it’s JUST NOT FUN! She has some difficult days and we are ready for her to be relieved of cancer treatments and all that comes with it.
She’s been AMAZING through it all, such a Godly example to us all of walking
with unshakable faith, grace, strength and dignity.
I hope that you and yours are well...
We look forward to seeing so many of you on October 2nd.
Love & Blessings,
The Greer’s, The Tichenor’s & The Goforth’s
Richard, Jill, Meredith, Kevin, Carson, Slade, Megan, Jesse & Makenzie