Saturday, February 27, 2010

Where do I even begin to thank all of you for the numerous calls, emails, facebook msgs., cards and encouragement. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you ... it means so very much to me and my family. We have been overwhelmed by the love and support. Keep your prayers lifted to the risen King! We could not ask for anything more than your sweet prayers. Thank you so very much.

I am going to try and keep you updated on our new journey thru this blog. The most precious Marina created this blog ... I wanted something happy, fun and filled with hope ... she did it! Thank you Marina. I hope to meet you soon!! Your the best. You can reach her at: simmonsmarina@gmail.com

I want everyone to know we are walking this journey in complete FAITH, not FEAR. I am blessed beyond what I deserve. I have the most wonderful husband ... who serves our family so unselfishly, I have the most amazing daughters ... God worked overtime when HE created them, I have the most Godly son in laws and the perfect "angel" of a grandson (I love him so much its scary!!), I have the most amazing extended church family and friends that only God could bring into my life! I may not have a cancer free body ... but HOW BLESSED AM I???? Blessed beyond what I deserve!! God is soooo amazing. He is MY healer. He is all I need!

If you are a praying person, please pray for Richard and the girls. As we walk thru this journey, above all else ... I want the Lord to be glorified and my family to find peace, comfort and joy. While we have specific prayers medically ... my main prayer is for my family. Cover them in your prayers!

Gaynor sent me this scripture ... "Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed." 1 Peter 4:12-13.

I couldn't help but reply ... Ya think something strange is fixin to happen to me!!!!! But I find so much comfort in knowing God is in control ... not me! He is preparing a place for me and my family before I even go before the doctors, surgeons, oncologists and radiologists! That brings me so much peace ... I know the Lord is already there ... waiting for me to enter the doors of the medical facility. How great is that???? I pray and hope HIS glory will be revealed thru this trial.

Once again, I want to thank each and everyone of you. YOU have blessed me, my family and the Lord Jesus Christ with your encouragement, your words, your scriptures and your love. Words cannot express how helpful you are as we walk thru this trial ... if the the kingdom of Christ is glorified ... than it is all worth it.

I believe that Jesus is all I need (and my family .... if I can be selfish!!) ... but Jesus is all we need to carry us thru this.
Again, I thank you for your support and love ... Jill

PS... Nothing is impossible with Jesus ... and that brings a huge smile to my face! Woo Hoo!

11 comments:

  1. I am so humbled that I was blessed with a mother as WONDERFUL as you. I simply could not love you more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marty, your trust in God and strength in your faith is so amazing to me. It encourages me and makes me want to be a better person. Funny story...I was leaving for class the other day and getting my things together and as I was rushing out the door I said "Oh, my snackies!" (of course, Krispy Kreme over here can't go more than a few hours without them) and I immediately thought of you and it brought a smile to my face.

    You and the rest of the family are still so special to me, and I am keeping you all in my prayers. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an amazing person. I want to email this post out to everyone I know...it just really puts everything into perspective! Your outlook on life is unbelievable, and just like Kristy said, it makes me want to be a better person. There is no doubt in my mind you will beat this, God has big plans for you! You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a sweet, wonderful, and uplifting post! we are praying for you, richard, and the girls as you are fighting your way through this challenge. we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you so much Mommy! You are such an example of who God calls us all to be! You have stayed strong in your faith and your desires to be more like Him everyday, and for that you have been blessed, and the blessings will continue to pour out. So thankful you taught me to know God, because it's times like now that no one can take away our fear except Him! I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jill, you are an inspiration. The Goforth family from Tyler will be praying for you in your journey. My mother was a breast cancer survivor, and the numbers are growing! Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jill, you and your family are in my prayers! I so wish that you and I had the opportunity to know each other better. Our girls, Megan & Caitlin love each other and have such a special friendship, so I naturally feel that, in a way, we do as well. You are so blessed to have such a fantastic loving family to support, love & give you strength. And, most of all, you have our Lord and Saviour beside you in this fight. God Bless you beyond measure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jill, I have been thinking of you and praying for you since I heard of your challenge. I love you and have wonderful thoughts for you and all of your family! You are a beautiful witness and testimony of God's love!!!!! I'll be on the sidelines praying and watching the miracles unfold!
    Much love to all of you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jill, words cannot express how amazing and special you are! I am blessed to know you and your incredible family! Love and prayers to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jill, what a sweet faith walk you are having. The peace God has given you is inspiring. I send my love as you travel this journey safe in the hands of our amazing, all-powerful, Sovereign Lord.

    Love to you,
    Cheryl Gowens

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jill, I was wanting to find just the right words of comfort but you said them perfectly. That is so like you to help others feel better. I see god being glorified in every word you wrote. I will continue to pray for you, Richard,the girls. Peace, comfort & joy will be yours and your family through him.

    ReplyDelete