Saturday, June 19, 2010

Thankful, and ready to go!

Hello everyone! It's been awhile since I have updated the blog. Here is a quick peek into whats ahead for me and my precious, loving family.

But first ... did you hear about the newest and greatest gift God brought to us last Saturday? Oh boy ... He out did it this time. Slade Greer Tichenor was born June 12th at 3:02 ... weighing in at 8lbs, 6oz! He is perfect and beautiful. AND ... Richard and I got to keep Carson for several days. We had a ball ... I love that little guy so very much. Meredith, Kevin, Carson and Slade are all doing great! Thank you Lord for growing our little family! And thank you Mer and Kev for bringing us another precious grandson. Love this SO MUCH!!

I completed radiation with flying colors. Felt great, plenty of energy and the staff at MDA was amazing. One more "thank you Lord" ... you take such good care of us!

I went to MDA Friday (yesterday) to complete a minor surgery to install the chemo port. All went well ... we were in and out of there in no time! While I awaited this surgery, there was one thing on mind ...

"Jill ... learn to laugh at yourself more freely. Don't take yourself or your circumtances so seriously. Relax and know that I am God with you. If I continue to desire His will above all else, life becomes much less threating. Laughter lightens your load and lifts your heart into heavenly places. Kinda like a parent delights in the laughter of their children ... The Lord delights in hearing his children's laughter. I am not going to miss the Joy of His Presence by carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders. For it is written in the book of life:Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me. My yoke is comfortable and pleasant; My burden is light and easily borne!" Amen and Amen!!!

Next step in this journey is Chemo ... for 6 months. We start on Monday ... I am a bit anxious, but ready. The Good Lord is bringing peace to me and my family as this long journey begins. I pray this chemo walk will bring a more still, quiet Jill. A child of God that needs to slow down and be still before His throne. I know God is calling me to something for His kingdom ... and I don't want to miss it! Jill, Seek His Face with a teachable spirit. Come into HIS Presence with thanksgiving, desiring to be transformed. HOW EXCITING IS THAT!!! CAN'T WAIT FOR HIS PLAN TO BE REVEALED!!

Your prayers mean everything to us, if your looking for prayer requests I have a few:
1. Pray boldly for Richard .... he has been amazing thru this journey- pray for strength for him, that God teaches him something special thru this, and that our marriage and love for each other explodes with passion for His kingdom.
2. Pray for our girls ... pray for peace and God's will in this. They are the most amazing girls ... I stand in awe at what God gave to us.
3. I could use a bolt of prayer as I begin Chemo. I pray the side effects won't stop me from living life and loving people!

We have witnessed tremendous blessings during this walk that started in January. Can't wait to see what else HE has in store for us! Thank you, thank you, thank you for loving me and my family like you have. You have touched our lives in a most special way. Our Lord and Savior is working in you .... His face is shining upon you and bringing Him glory in all you do.

Exceptionally blessed,
Jill

4 comments:

  1. Jill,
    I am sure our names have crossed each other's ears in the last weeks or months. I have heard your name from my mom and now Carol W, but when I clicked on your blog - then I knew who you were. I know your sweet face from FCCC when we attended. I quickly read a few of your posts this morning, but my 3 girls are calling to start our day and I regret I do not have the time to catch up with your story right now. I would love a chance to email and just share with you where I have been.
    May God continue to bless you as you walk down this path.

    Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.
    2Corinthians 1:3-4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julie for your sweet note. I sent you an email today ... please know you are boldly and fervently in our prayers, as is your entire family. I love you and look forward to visiting with you.

    You are a precious, adorable, amazing young lady. I want to know you better ... and maybe we can be buddies as we journey along on this cancer walk.

    Take care sweet one ... you are being covered in prayers, love and thoughts,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete