Monday, April 26, 2010

Jesus, You're My Healer!

Guest post from Meredith again...

Hello precious friends, family, and blog readers!

I wanted to give a little update on my mom since her surgery a week ago. No surprise to any of us-- she came through the surgery like a champion, kept telling us all "she was fine," and insisted on going about her days as normally as possible. We would all quietly rejoice when we'd find her napping, going to bed really early, or allowing my Dad, Megan or I to do something she'd normally do herself. She's an incredibly strong woman, she epitomizes Proverbs 31.

Today, she had an appointment at MD Anderson for a scan to view the spacers put in during last week's surgery in preparation for her radiation port to be put in tomorrow. She'll go in around 10am and will be put under for this surgical procedure. It is our understanding that she will begin radiation on Thursday, but that is subject to change pending the results from the pathology report, which she will also receive tomorrow.

You all have been so gracious, so generous, so encouraging and we are so blessed by you. Please continue to pray for my precious mom. Here are some specific prayers that you can lift up on her behalf...
  • Continued prayers for her physically-- for her to be cancer free, completely healed, rejuvenated, cleansed, and stronger.
  • Prayers for her emotionally-- in my own words, I can only imagine the weight of constant visits to a hospital, appointment after appointment, procedure after procedure... coupled with the physical discomfort and pain. Please pray for her strength, for her comfort, for her spirit. Please ask the Lord to calm her and be a peaceful presence as she returns to MD Anderson tomorrow.
  • Pray over the pathology report. Her surgeon seemed confident that her lymph nodes were clear of cancer and that she successfully removed the entire cancerous tumor and got clear margins. Please boldly pray that this is the same news received tomorrow. This confirmation will make for a much more tolerable road as far as treatment goes.
  • Continue to pray for the medical team that works on her-- give them strength, clarity, wisdom, steady hands, patience... let them give her the utmost care.
  • Continue to pray for my Dad-- he's been incredible thus far. I can only imagine that as their 29th wedding anniversary draws near, they are counting each other as greater blessings than they ever have before. Please pray for his continued strength, support, communication, caregiving, comfort, and peace.
And, I just want to share a beautiful song that has been an anthem for our family since we got the news of my mom's diagnosis-- Healer done by Kari Jobe. You can click that link to listen to it... here are the beautiful words...
You hold my every moment
You calm my raging seas
You walk with me through fire
And heal all my disease

I trust in You
I trust in You

I believe You're my Healer
I believe You are all I need
I believe You're my Portion
I believe You're more than enough for me
Jesus You're all I need

You hold my every moment
You calm my raging seas
You walk with me through fire
And heal all my disease

I trust in You
I trust in You

I believe You're my Healer
I believe You are all I need
I believe You're my Portion
I believe You're more than enough for me
Jesus You're all I need

Nothing is impossible for You
Nothing is impossible for You
Nothing is impossible for You
You hold my world in Your hands

I believe You're my Healer
I believe You are all I need
I believe You're my Portion
I believe You're more than enough for me
Jesus You're all I need

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your continued prayer. We will update as the week progresses. Lots of love and blessings to each and every one of you!

And to our sweet mommy--
"Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."
Proverbs 31:29

2 comments: